Customer register of Helen Ltd
Postal address: 00090 Helen, Finland
Tel: +358 9 6171
Business ID 2630573-4
Name of register
Customer register of Helen Ltd
Reasons for keeping the register
Section 8, subsection 1, paragraphs 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 of the Personal Data Act.
PURPOSE OF USING THE REGISTER
The personal data of the current and former customers of Helen Ltd is used in accordance with the Personal Data Act:
- to manage and develop the customer relationships between Helen Ltd and its customers
- to maintain, offer, develop and deliver the products and services of Helen Ltd and to manage internal and external tasks of Helen Ltd related to the products and services
- to carry out marketing and distance selling of products and services
- to monitor and collect charges
- the telephone recordings of the register are used for the verification of the contents of the telephone calls, for the training of customer service personnel and for service level studies
- to carry out profiling in accordance with valid legislation or the customer’s consent.
DATA CONTENT OF THE REGISTER
The following information is gathered in the register:
- age or year of birth
- personal identity code
- mother tongue
- contact details, such as telephone numbers, email address and other addressing information
- direct marketing consents and opt-outs notified by the customer and one identity attribute concerning the data subject
- information related to customer categorisation
- recorded telephone calls between customers and the customer services of Helen Ltd
- information related to a customer’s use of services
- information related to a customer’s payment behaviour
- energy metering point data
- equipment data at the metering point
- energy consumption data.
REGULAR INFORMATION SOURCES
As a rule, the information is obtained from the data subjects themselves. The register is updated in connection with customer contacts related to invitations to tender, orders, contracts or other related contacts and by using the energy consumption data obtained from energy meters installed at customers’ properties.
The information in the register may also be updated on the basis of external information sources, such as the register of Suomen Asiakastieto Oy.
All contacts by customers with Helen Ltd may be recorded.
REGULAR DISCLOSURE OF DATA AND TRANSFER OF DATA TO OUTSIDE THE EU OR THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
In principle, information in Helen’s customer register is not disclosed to outsiders. Information may be disclosed to the authorities in an appropriate manner in compliance with the legislation in force.
Information may be transferred to partners, subsidiaries, service providers or subcontractors of Helen Ltd in accordance with the intended use of the register. Telephone recordings may be passed on to a research institute in order to assess the standard of customer service. In such a case, the research institute shall agree to return the recordings used in the study or to destroy them immediately at the end of the study.
The information in the register may be transferred to outside the member states of the European Union or the European Economic Area if it is necessary in view of the purposes of the above-described processing of the personal data or the technical implementation of data processing. In such a case, the requirements set out in the Personal Data Act shall be complied with in the transfer.
PRINCIPLES OF PROTECTING THE REGISTER
The information in the customer register is gathered into databases that are protected with firewalls and passwords and by other technical means. Access to the information is granted only to persons employed by Helen Ltd or to actors authorised by it and who require the information in their duties. Helen Ltd requires that its employees and partners are committed to the confidentiality of customer data. They shall use usernames and passwords.
RIGHT OF INSPECTION, PROHIBITION AND RECTIFICATION
By virtue of section 26 of the Personal Data Act, data subjects have a right to inspect the data concerning themselves and to demand that any incorrect data is rectified in the register. Data subjects also have a right to prohibit Helen Ltd from using the data concerning themselves for purposes of direct advertising, distance selling and other direct marketing, or for market research or opinion polling.
Requests for inspection and rectification and the notification of using the right of prohibition must be drawn up in writing, signed and sent by post to Helen Ltd, Asiakaspalvelu, Kampinkuja 2, 00090 Helen, Finland, or by email to email@example.com. A request for inspection may also be made in person in the controller’s office. The controller is entitled to charge fair compensation for providing the information if the data subject uses their right of inspection more often than once a year.
10 October 2016.