The solar panels for Finland’s largest solar power plant are currently installed on the roof of the Kivikko ski hall. The solar power plant constructed by Helen will be completed this spring.
The Kivikko solar power plant will have almost 3,000 solar panels, about one-third of which have now been installed. A live web camera showing the progress of the construction work has been fitted on the roof of the ski hall.
The output of the Kivikko solar power plant will be about 850 kWp. Its annual production will reach about 700 megawatt-hours, corresponding to the annual electricity consumption of some 350 one-bedroom apartments.
The Kivikko solar panels will be sold as designated panels. The output of one panel is 285 watts, and it generates the same amount of electricity as up to 25 energy-saving light bulbs.
- The designated panels of our first solar power plant in Suvilahti were sold out in just a few days. We have promised to build more solar plants for as long as there is demand for them. Therefore, the Kivikko plant will be the largest solar power plant in Finland so far, and our customers have already reserved over 1,300 designated panels. If the rest of the panels are sold, too, we will launch yet another solar power plant project. That way, our customers have a concrete impact on how electricity is generated in our country, says Project Manager Atte Kallio of Helen.
The solar power plant will be ready for service this spring. Customers with a designated panel will be refunded on their electricity bill with respect to the electricity generated by their panels as soon as the plant starts producing electricity into the network. However, the monthly fee for the panels will not be charged until for the first full calendar month.
• The new solar power plant is located close to Ring I and the Lahti motorway in the Helsinki district of Kivikko, address Savikiekontie 4
• The building is the Kivikko Ski Hall owned by the City of Helsinki
• Estimated annual production approx. 700 MWh
• Output about 850 kWp
• Output of one panel 285 Wp
• After the investment, Helen’s solar power production will exceed an output of one megawatt, which is about 13% of the solar power production connected to the Finnish grid.