Virtual battery delivers full advantage of solar panels
Helen is offering a new virtual battery service to solar panel buyers. The virtual battery is a step towards a new kind of cleaner energy production, in which Helen’s customers are also taking part.
Solar panel production is rarely in step with the electricity consumption of the household, and therefore about 30 per cent of the annual production of customers’ solar panels ends up in the electricity network as surplus production. Thanks to the virtual battery, solar panel production can be utilised in full, and the panel owner becomes an energy producer that receives financial compensation. With the virtual battery, the customer will get a refund on their electricity bill, corresponding to the purchase price of electricity.
If surplus production is sold to the electricity company without electricity storage solutions, the sales price will comply with the actual spot price. The spot price covers about one-third of the electricity purchase price. The monetary saving gained with the virtual battery, for example, in a typical 5 kWp panel package in a single-family house can be up to 166 euros per year. Furthermore, the customer’s self-sufficiency increases and their carbon footprint is reduced.
Solar power is in high demand
Helen is developing its solar power and electricity storage services together with the customers.
“Customers are currently very interested in solar power. The demand has exceeded all targets, and the customers have enthusiastically joined in the development of new services. The sale of solar panels has tripled from last spring,” says Helen’s Product Group Manager Krista Jaatinen.
You can get a virtual battery in connection with buying new solar panels or a physical electricity storage facility, or when expanding an old solar panel system. The virtual battery is free of charge for the first year.
Comprehensive view of own energy
In connection with the virtual battery, Helen offers a new kind of monitoring service for the customer’s own production and consumption. The customer is able to monitor the production and consumption of their own solar panels and the use of the virtual battery on the daily, monthly and annual levels from just a single view.
- With Helen’s virtual battery, the customer gains a 100-per-cent benefit from the production of their solar panels.
- Helen will refund 13c/kWh for surplus production to the customer, i.e. more or less the same price as the customer would pay for purchased electricity.
- The customer can monitor the production and consumption of their panels and the use of the virtual battery with the new monitoring service.
- You can get a virtual battery in connection with buying new solar panels or a physical electricity storage facility, or when expanding an old solar panel system.
- The virtual battery is free of charge for the first year.
More information: helen.fi/virtuaaliakku
Read also in energyblog: Virtuaaliakku ja sähkövarasto täydentävät aurinkopaneeleja
Published: 22.05.2019 12:57