Our customer service is open online and by telephone, the customer service desk at Helsinki, Kamppi is closed until further notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
See Frequently Asked Questions on solar power plants and designated panels.
HELEN SOLAR POWER PLANTS
Helen’s goal is carbon-neutral energy production. We are building solar power in order to reach our targets, and because there is a clear demand for solar energy among our customers.
SUVILAHTI SOLAR POWER PLANT
- A 1,194-panel solar power plant built in the autumn of 2014 in Suvilahti, Helsinki, on the roof of a Helen Sähköverkko Oy substation.
- The designated panels of the solar power plant have generated electricity for their owners since spring 2015.
- The combined exact output of the Suvilahti solar panels is 340 kW, and the estimated annual production is 275,000 kWh.
- The output of a single designated panel is 285 W, and the estimated production volume is about 230 kWh a year.
- The solar power plant increased Finland’s solar power output that is connected to the network by more than 10 per cent.
KIVIKKO SOLAR POWER PLANT
- A 2,992-panel solar power plant being completed in the spring 2016 in Kivikko, Helsinki, on the roof of the Kivikko ski hall near the Kehä I ring road and Lahdenväylä.
- The combined output of the Kivikko solar panels is in excess of 800 kW and the estimated annual production 700,000-800,000 kWh.
- The output of a single panel is 285 W, and the estimated production volume is about 230 kWh a year.
- The solar power plant increases Finland’s solar power output that is connected to the network by approx. 20 per cent.
We are committed to building more solar power as long as there is demand.
By buying your own designated panel in our solar power plant, you receive the solar panel’s output for a monthly charge of EUR 4.40. A designated panel is a good alternative for producing solar energy, for example for people living in apartment blocks and others interested in solar energy, who have no wish or possibility of investing in their own solar panel equipment.
The output of the solar power plant is distributed in the production area in accordance with the consumption situation at the time. Therefore, your panel increases the volume of solar power in the Nordic electricity market, and the whole output is deducted from your electricity bill. All the electricity generated by the Suvilahti solar power plant is fed into the network. At Kivikko, some of the electricity remains for use by the ski hall.
For the monthly charge of EUR 4.40, you will be supplied local solar energy based on actual costs. By purchasing your designated panel, you will genuinely contribute towards increasing renewable energy in Finland - when you buy a designated panel, the volume of solar energy produced in Finland increases by precisely the output of your panel. In addition, we have promised to build more solar energy for as long as there is demand for it.
We will credit the electricity produced by the panel in accordance with the spot price. The production of the solar power plant varies with the seasons, but an average credit for a panel is about one euro per month, leaving approx. EUR 3.40/mth to pay on the panel. The panel’s production is deducted from your electricity bill.
More detailed information on crediting the production and the terms and conditions of supplying a designated panel in the solar power plant here.
The designated solar panels are sold to Helen’s electricity contract customers. If you do not have an electricity supply contract with us, this must be set up separately. The designated panel can be combined with any Helen electricity product.
A business can buy a designated panel.
For now, a designated panel cannot be ordered as a gift. A solar panel may be ordered and bought by persons who have a Helen electricity contract in their name. However, a named panel in a solar power plant may be dedicated to another person or even a pet. Each person living in a household can place their own order. However, in billing all the orders are allocated to the same bill.
You can buy as many designated panels as you wish.