Helen Ltd aims to guarantee the accessibility of its websites in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019 (in Finnish). This accessibility statement applies to the Helen.fi website where, by virtue of the legislation, the content concerning district heat falls under accessibility. Helen’s Sävel Mobiili service will be replaced by a new service in the early part of 2021.
State of accessibility
Helen’s websites meet the requirements for level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 in part. Non-compliance with the requirements and exceptions to be applied to the requirements are stated below.
The content stated below is not accessible for the following reasons:
a) non-compliance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019.
- Some of the visual elements do not have appropriate text alternatives (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some of the elements of the website also prevent the use of the user’s own tools related to highlighting the visibility of focus (WCAG 2.4.7).
- Some of the links do not have appropriate text alternatives or descriptive link texts (WCAG 1.1.1, 2.4.4)
- PDF files have general accessibility problems in relation to, e.g. timetable, text alternatives, entry of titles and tables, and the language of the data set (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 3.1.1)
- In some of the pages, the structure of highlight cards and context cards may be obscured on the screen reader display (WCAG 1.3.2, 2.4.4)
- Forms and error messages
- Error messages are not always read for the screen reader automatically. The formatting of error messages is also sometimes uninformative for the user (WCAG 3.3.1)
- Some video contents are missing captions and/or audio description (WCAG 1.2.1, 1.2.2)
- There are shortcomings in the use of title levels, especially related to jumping over the title levels (WCAG 1.3.1)
- There are general shortcomings in the functioning of the electricity contract bot (e.g. uninformative text alternatives and buttons, notices are not read automatically to the screen reader, and insufficient contrasts) (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 1.4.3, 3.3.1, 4.1.3)
- There are problems in the use of contrasts and colours in the customer service chat window (WCAG 1.4.1, 1.4.3)
- Page-spesific non-accessible content
- The buttons related to the categories on the Arjessa listing page in the Current topics section may be difficult to identify as buttons on the basis of their visual appearance (WCAG 1.3.1)
- There may be problems in article contents with respect to the naming of text alternatives, timetables and links (WCAG 1.1.1, 2.1.1, 2.4.3, 2.4.4)
- The use of section “Pop quiz – test your knowledge” is not possible with a screen reader or keyboard only (WCAG 2.1.1)
- The use of the solar calculator is not possible with a screen reader or keyboard only (WCAG 2.1.1)
- The images in search results in News are links, and their text alternatives are not descriptive (WCAG 1.1.1, 2.4.4)
- Some of the elements on the blog listing page may cause problems when used with a screen reader and keyboard (e.g. “Download more” link, annual selection element and blog highlights) (WCAG 1.1.1, 2.1.1, 2.4.4, 3.3.2, 4.1.2)
- The viewport “Buy electricity” on the front page may cause problems when used with a screen reader and keyboard (e.g. the tab panel must be focused and it is read twice for the screen reader) (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.3.2)
- Some of the elements on the Suvilahti energy system page may cause problems when used with a screen reader and keyboard (e.g. invisible focus, focus order, buttons of an interactive image, text alternatives of images) (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.3, 2.4.3, 2.4.4, 2.4.7)
- Some elements on the Suvilahti solar power page may cause problems when used with a screen reader and keyboard (e.g. faintly shown focus, focus order, selection of solar panel, text alternatives for images, error messages, problems with focusing in mobile use) (WCAG 1.3.2, 1.4.1, 2.2.1, 2.4.7, 3.2.2, 3.3.1)
- Drawing up an electricity contract may cause problems when used with a screen reader and keyboard (e.g. focus order, error messages, text alternatives for images, and the labels and conformance definitions missing from the input fields) (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 2.1.1, 2.4.3, 3.3.1, 4.1.3)
Services when logged in to Helen.fi (Sävel Mobiili)
- The language of the service has not been determined (WCAG 3.1.1)
- There are shortcomings in the text alternatives (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Moving to hidden targets with the screen reader (WCAG 1.3.2)
- The use of the charts on the Energy Use page is not possible with a screen reader or keyboard only (WCAG 2.1.1)
- The programmatic implementation of accordions is unclear when using a screen reader (WCAG 4.1.2)
- Some elements cannot be accessed on the mobile with a screen reader (e.g. log out and language selection buttons) (WCAG 2.1.1)
These shortcomings are due to be corrected during 2021.
b) applicable legislation does not cover the content in question
- The Helen.fi website has video content published before 23 September 2020, which has no subtitles or audio description. According to the law, there is no need for video content published before 23 September 2020 to be made accessible or removed retrospectively.
- The Helen.fi website contains files published before 23 September 2018, which are not fully accessible. According to the law, there is no need for files published before 23 September 2018 to be made accessible or removed retrospectively.
About the preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 15 December 2020. The statement is based on a third party’s assessment whether the website meets the requirements laid down in the Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
The statement was last revised on 22 December 2020.
Feedback and contact details
Have you notice any shortcomings with respect to accessibility? Please let us know about it! You can contact us either on an online form or by calling 09 617 8080 (weekdays between 8am and 6pm). The accessibility of the services of Helen Ltd is the responsibility of Helen’s Digital Solutions unit and Communications.
If you notice any accessibility issues on our website, first give feedback to the website administrator. It may take 14 days to receive a response. If you are not satisfied with the response or if you receive no response within two weeks, you can provide feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland.
Contact details of the supervisory authority:
Unit for Monitoring Accessibility