Market Price Electricity
With the Market Price Electricity contract, you pay the up-to-date market price for electricity. It's an excellent choice if you do not wish to follow price development on a daily or hourly basis.
FOR PRICE-CONSCIOUS CUSTOMERS
The Market Price Electricity contract rate is made up of the basic charge and the price of energy. Your invoice is formed on the basis of the actual Market Price Electricity rate and your use of electricity.
WHAT IS IT?
- Contract: valid until further notice
- Origin: in accordance with the production mix
- Price: depends on the development of electricity prices on a monthly basis
- Who for: those who wish to actively monitor the development of electricity prices
- The monthly energy cost for the Market Price Electricity product is determined by the quotations from the Nasdaq Commodities power exchange.
- Price determination principle (for example, June): The June price is reported to customers on 15 May. The price is determined on the basis of the closing rate of the month’s products for June during the period 15 April – 14 May, as well as the margin. The average value of the closing rates of the system price product (ENOAFUTBLMJUN) and the electricity price area differential product (SYHELAFUTBLMJUN) are added up, and the value added tax and margin valid at the time are added to the total (0.56 c/kWh, incl. VAT 24%).
- The monthly price changes are reported on this page on the 15th of the previous month or the weekday before it. (In this respect, the calculation period of the average values of the closing rates changes accordingly.)
Price Determination Example
|Stock exchange quotation period
by which price is formed
|Date on which
price is announced
|The period the
price is valid
|15.4. - 14.5.||15.5.||June|
|15.5. - 14.6.||15.6.||July|
|15.6. - 14.7.||15.7.||August|
|Last Month's Price||Today's Price||Upcoming|
|10.51 c/kWh||16.00 c/kWh||22.58 c/kWh|
ORIGIN OF MARKET PRICE ELECTRICITY
The origin of Market Price Electricity is based on the production mix of electricity produced in Finland, deducted by electricity produced with energy sources with a certified guarantee of origin.
MONITORING THE PRICE AND CONSUMPTION OF ELECTRICITY
Your electricity bill shows actual consumption and a summary of the actual price. In our online services you can monitor electricity use and its costs. You will also see a comparison of whether you have been able to make any savings through your own action, for example, compared with electricity with a flat rate.
We also recommend downloading Fingrid’s Tuntihinta app for your mobile phone for easy monitoring of electricity prices. You can download the app via the following links.