Market Price Electricity
Market Price Electricity is an electricity contract that offers competitive market-priced electricity. The contract is valid until further notice. The energy price of Market Price Electricity is updated monthly according to the Nasdaq OMX Commodities electricity exchange price. With Market Price Electricity, you benefit from lower price periods in the market.
The product is not currently for sale.
Market Price Electricity – competitive market-priced electricity contract
The price of Market Price Electricity consists of a fixed basic price and a monthly variable energy price. The energy price is determined based on the average closing prices of the monthly products of the Nasdaq OMX Commodities electricity exchange and your electricity consumption, and the price includes the current margin and value-added tax. Trading in the Nasdaq OMX Commodities electricity exchange is done for longer periods, where the price of electricity is fixed for future periods. The contract is valid until further notice and has a 14-day notice period.
- The contract is valid until further notice with a 14-day notice period.
- The price of Market Price Electricity is updated once a month, so you don't need to actively monitor the electricity exchange pricing. The price of the contract remains constantly competitive.
- The new price for the upcoming month is announced on the Market Price Electricity product page on the 15th day of the current month or the preceding business day.
- The contract includes the electricity accident insurance cover for your entire family.
- The origin of electricity complies with the production mix of electricity produced in Finland: nuclear power 18%, fossils 70%, renewables 12% (2022).
- The prices below include VAT 24 %.
Origin of market price electricity
The origin of Market Price Electricity is based on the production mix of electricity produced in Finland, deducted by electricity produced with energy sources with a certified guarantee of origin.
|Stock exchange quotation period by which price is formed||Date on which price is announced||The period the price is valid|
|15.4. - 14.5.||15.5.||June|
|15.5. - 14.6.||15.6.||July|
|15.6. - 14.7.||15.7.||August|
|Last Month's Price||Today's Price||Upcoming|
|7,25 c/kWh||9,79 c/kWh
||To be published 15.12.|
Price determination in further detail
- The monthly energy cost for the Market Price Electricity product is determined by the quotations from the Nasdaq Commodities power exchange.
- Price determination principle (for example, June): The June price is reported to customers on 15 May. The price is determined on the basis of the closing rate of the month’s products for June during the period 15 April – 14 May, as well as the margin. The average value of the closing rates of the system price product (ENOAFUTBLMJUN) and the electricity price area differential product (SYHELAFUTBLMJUN) are added up, and the value added tax and margin valid at the time are added to the total (0.56 c/kWh, incl. VAT 24%).
- The new price for the next month is notified on the product page of Market Price Electricity on the 15th day of the current month or on the previous working day. In this respect, the calculation period of the average values of the closing rates changes accordingly.
- Until 30 April 2023 the margin is 2.65 c/kWh and basic charge €3.49/month (VAT 10 %). As from 1 May 2023 the margin is 1.95 c/kWh and basic charge €3.93/month (VAT 24 %).
Your electricity bill shows actual consumption and a summary of the actual price. In Oma Helen, you can monitor your electricity usage even down at the hourly level and also easily manage your contract-related issues, where necessary. The service is free of charge.